Mindless exercise will not help you achieve your goal, no matter what they are. If you want to exercise to keep your body healthy, then you need to have a good fitness plan. This program should consist of all types of activities including aerobic, strength, balance, flexibility and relaxation exercises
– Strength exercises should always start with a 10-minute warm-up and stretching. The form is important as it makes sure that no injury happens. When you start exercises, you should start with the easiest settings, the least weight, from the beginning, and you should slowly increase the level of the strength training. Be sure to breathe correctly and it will allow you to bring your muscles to the edge, which is a point of this type of practice. Once your muscles reach their limit, push them a bit more because, at that very moment, you are making the progress.
– Flexibility exercises are beneficent for both young and old. They help the muscles to work and perform better. This type of workout stretches certain muscles and after some time, you will feel the increased range of movement of those muscles.
If you are going to perform flexibility exercises, be sure to do them slowly. This type of practice is done slowly because doing it faster may and will cause injuries.
– The aerobic workout is perfect for smokers and people who aren’t walking a lot (office workers and so on). The point of the aerobic exercise is to increase your endurance and thus they are also called cardio workouts. You can perform this type of exercise in your home, on a treadmill or similar machine, but if you can run in the morning, or if you can go somewhere in nature then you should choose those things. Running in the open is better because the air is fresh and in general you will enjoy it more as there aren’t any devices that will impact your workout.
– Relaxation techniques are primarily done to relax the mind and the body after other types of exercise. Now and then the body needs a breather, and some excellent relaxation techniques will relax you and prepare you for another day and new possibilities.
– Balance workout is done simply to postpone loss of balance that slowly creeps up on us as we age. Lack of balance leads to unexplained falls, and they can seriously harm you. Balance workout isn’t something complicated or hard to do. Once you get used to it, you will do it wherever you go and whatever you do.
There are two ways to practice your balance. First of them is heel to toe walk where you walk in a manner in which your heel of the stepping leg touches your toes of the anchor leg. Another form of this practice is single-leg stance where you stand on one leg for half a minute and then change legs. It may be hard at the beginning, but it gets easier after a while.
For more fitness tips and workout routines check out my blog on Beachbody On Demand.